Verification process and obtaining a work permit Share

To be able to apply for J-1 VISA, students must first undergo a verification process with the US sponsor.

The American Sponsor is a specialized agency with permission from the US State Department to issue work permits for student exchange programs. The sponsor is responsible for verifying jobs, accommodation and providing health insurance. The sponsor also offers pre-checked and verified job offers in the Silver,Gold and Platinium option.

Your Viking is currently collaborating with 3 US sponsors offering SELF and Silver,Gold and Platinium Placement program options.

Once the participant has been approved and gets a job through the US Sponsor (Silver,Gold and Platinium options), the participant must undergo a verification process. In your verification process your sponsor checks:

Student status

  • Resume and Motivational Letter
  • Does the job meet the rules and regulations of the J-1 program?
  • Does the accommodation meet the rules and regulations of the J-1 program

When the participant successfully passes the verification, the US Sponsor issues a Work Permit (DS 2019 form) with which the participant can apply for J-1 VISA

  Accommodation Medical insurance  

Apply Online Now!

Top Offers 57 Offers | See all